People talk about embracing change, but what about letting change embrace them?
The University of Cape Town (UCT) Summer School 2022 programme is designed to immerse attendees in new ideas, expert insight and creative thinking – to enlighten, entertain and inspire.
UCT Summer School’s offerings address a vast range of interests. Underlying each course and special lecture is the desire to unleash human potential, whether it is in Cape Town, the rest of South Africa, other parts of the continent or the world.
Its wide range of extramural courses helps to illustrate the Summer School theme: ‘Education is Everywhere’. By integrating with the Development and Alumni Department and migrating the course content to digital platforms, UCT Summer School now reaches a more diverse community of alumni and friends around the world, including via live-streaming into resource-poor communities.
In this way, the 72-year-old UCT Summer School tradition remains young at heart and agile.
For the first time, the UCT Summer School 2022 offers@
- Courses that earn Continuing Professional Development points
- Courses that can be viewed across the world, at times preferred by participants
- Access to university learning for resource-poor communities, linked to certificates of attendance
- Courses clustered in an innovative manner for ease of choice
- The purchase of books related to online courses via a direct link from the website
- A digital brochure and automated booking system that takes participants seamlessly to the UCT Summer School website and booking site for each selected course
- Pictograms and training videos, to support access to the Microsoft Teams platform
- Early bird discounts for alumni and members of UCT’s Legacy Society
- Key opportunities for sponsorship, to align like-minded corporate entities with the university’s objectives and interests.
It is the largest public education programme of its kind in Africa, bringing together academics, industry experts, thought leaders and audiences from around the world.
While courses are available online, participants can also return to the annual university experience in 2022, with the opportunity to meet people from Cape Town’s diverse communities.
Time: Monday to Sunday