Find a unique handcrafted memento or a special gift to take home at Spier’s vibrant and colourful Craft Market.
Located at the historic Stellenbosch wine farm of Spier, the market is nestled under the shady trees near the Tasting Room. Guests are invited to browse through the wondrous array of exquisite paintings and head-high wooden carvings to jewellery, leatherwork, textiles and ceramics.
Make it yourself: A range of customised experiences are available for guests. Let one of the artists teach you the basics of their trade and take home your very own work.
Carefully selected by curator Sue Heathcock, the artists and designers are always happy to insight into their artistry.
Available craft experiences range from:
- Beaded Wirework – learn the basics of working with wire and beads with one of our artists and make your own keyring, Christmas decoration, or a small item
- Recycled Art – make a Christmas decoration or keyring from wrapped wire or let an artist show you how to “strap” the frame of a gecko with cut lengths of aluminium can, telephone wire or other recycled materials
- Jewellery – work with one of our jewellery designers to make a pair of earrings, a bangle – or even a simple necklace – using beads, leather or colourful cord
- Painting – create an art piece alongside one of our artists working with watercolour or acrylics under their expert guidance. Experiment with a variety of techniques and discover a new way to tell your story.
- Mosaic – get your hands dirty! Learn the basics of mosaic work or build on existing skills. Our facilitator is a graduate of the three-year Spier Arts Academy mosaics programme and can work at all levels
Advanced bookings are essential for the ‘Make it yourself’ experiences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Daily from the start of December, between 10am and 5.30pm and remains open until 7pm the week before Christmas
Where: Spier Wine Farm, R310, Stellenbosch