Turn your wedding into a work of art… literally!
Mary-Ann Wiggill is a local Cape Town artist who is bringing a new worldwide wedding trend to the Mother City. Photo books may be beautiful, and photo booths may be fun, but a live wedding artist is a whole new way to capture one of the most important moments in your life.
Mary-Ann – a finalist in celebrated art competitions such as the Sasol New Signatures Competition and the Bouchard Finlayson Exhibition – paints from the sidelines of her clients’ special day, an intriguing process for their guests to watch.
Having consulted with the couple to determine which aspects of the wedding they most want to capture, Mary-Ann arrives early on the day to start capturing the scene, so that she can focus on adding key people during the event. She brings along her own easel, painting supplies, drop cloths, lighting and a chair and table. If the wedding is outdoors, she just needs the venue to provide a standing umbrella to shade the painting from the elements.
Mary-Ann describes her style as “impressionistic, inspired by the gorgeous work of Degas, and Monet. I focus on the features of the bride and groom,” she says, “and paint other guests in a looser manner, focusing more on a sense of movement and balance in the composition of the painting.” Key guests can be included and – less obviously – if Mary-Ann is given photos she can also include pets and loved ones who could not be at the event.
The package covers delivery anywhere within 50 km of Cape Town, and postage can be arranged to further afield. Also added is a high definition fine art scan, so that the painting can easily be printed for thank you cards and fine art prints – a wonderful present for family and friends.
See more at www.maryannart.co.za.
WIN WITH WHAT’S ON IN CAPE TOWN:
To stand a chance to win an A2 size ‘live wedding painting’ to the value of R8 750 simply leave your full name and a comment below, and follow Mary-Ann (see T&Cs below for links). Draw takes place on 14 September 2017. Please see below for Terms & Conditions.
Stay up to date with all our latest competitions as well as our weekly Editor’s Picks and reviews: subscribe to our newsletter.
The prize includes:
– An impressionist-style live painting of the wedding scene, focused on the couple.
– Approx 6 to 8 hours of studio touch ups to ensure the lighting in the painting is perfect.
– High resolution digital image of the painting for use as prints or thank you cards/emails.
– Free transport costs for venues within 50 km of Cape Town. Beyond 50km, costs are charged at R4 per km. Beyond a 90 min drive, accommodation is requested.
PLEASE NOTE: Mary-Ann is available for weekend / holiday weddings in Cape Town and surrounds only. If your wedding is scheduled on a date when she is already booked, she can gladly paint your wedding from a photo (photographer’s permission required).
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION:
- Applicants need to be engaged with a wedding date booked for 2017 or 2018.
- Applicants must follow Mary-Ann Art on Instagram or Like and Share her business page on Facebook
- Mary-Ann is available for weekend / holiday weddings only. If your wedding is scheduled on a date when she is already booked, she can gladly paint your wedding
from a photo (photographer’s permission required).