In response to the outbreak of COVID-19, Eagle-Encounters takes the following measures to ensure the best of health for their staff and guests:
– Due to use use of cash, the receptionist wears latex gloves
– Guests arriving in reception have their hands sprayed with disinfectant
– A sink with running water and handwash is available for all in the centre of the busiest area
– Spray bottles with disinfectant are placed at strategic spots around the centre
– Surfaces and handles are sprayed down with disinfectant at various intervals throughout the day
– Latex gloves and bins are provided for guests doing personal encounters with an eagle
– Staff are been advised to stand no closer than 1m to guests when talking with them
– Any products brought into the centre are sprayed down before being used or put away.
Eagle Encounters is an eco-tourism, bird of prey rehabilitation and educational centre. They receive birds that have been injured, poisoned, abused and hand-reared, and prioritise rehabilitation and release as soon as possible. Only hand-reared birds are retained for educational purposes.
Eagle Encounters offer a variety of attractions such as 4 daily interactive falconry flying shows, personal encounters and private viewings.
Venue: Spier Wine Estate, Lynedoch Rd R310, Stellenbosch
Time: 9am – 5pm
Cost: R85 | R65 3-12 years | R70 students & pensioners (ID on request)