School of Rock is the global leader in performance-based music education, where students are taken from the lesson room to the stage, developing both their confidence and muscianship with programmes designed for all skill levels and all ages.
– Performance: the Performance Programme puts students front-and-center on a real stage for real performances. Students get to show off their music skills while learning serious teamwork as they and their bandmates refine their abilities through some of rock and roll’s greatest hits.
– Rock 101: this programme focuses on making the first steps of a young student’s journey both fun and successful. Instruction is focused on the one instrument that students have chosen to study. Whether it’s scales, chords, notes or time signatures being taught, all concepts are put in context so students understand how the principles they learn are applied to real music. Students enhance their skills here in order to move on to the Performance Programme.
– AllStars: School of Rock’s top performers can audition for a spot in the prestigious AllStars programme. Every summer, the AllStars embark on an authentic concert tour for a one-of-a-kind experience. The Claremont musicians perform with All Star bands in multiple live shows at high-profile venues across the country, including Red Rocks, Lollapalooza, Hangout Music Fest, NAMM, Gathering of the Vibes and more. AllStars also get to share the stage and learn from music legends like Alice Cooper, Eddie Vedder and Slash.
– Camps: music camps and workshops are designed to bring out the best performance in a fast-paced learning environment. Similar to the standard programmes, the camps offer a high-energy experience that is fun, creative and team-oriented. From basic Performance Boot Camps to more advanced Guitar Building and Songwriting Training, School of Rock offers opportunities for musicians of all skill levels. Contact School of Rock for the current list of camps and workshops.
– Rookies: this programme is designed for first and second graders to provide a fun introduction to music fundamentals. Among other tools, proprietary setups are used for guitar, bass, drums and keyboard to provide a gateway to understanding music. Rookies learn the fundamental concepts of pitch, rhythm, form and dynamics with age-appropriate exercises, tools and games.
– Little Wing: preschool-aged students learn the creativity, confidence and lasting experience they need to grow into life-long lovers and practitioners of music. School of Rock creates a safe, inclusive environment where music and learning work hand-in-hand to foster growth in the Rookies programme. Little Wing students enjoy a broad assortment of music-centric games based on some of the most recognisable music in rock and roll history.
Venue: Suite 202, 2nd Floor, Standard Bank Galleria, 120 Main Rd, Claremont, Cape Town
Time: Mon to Fri 9am to 8pm | Sat 9am to 3pm
Cost: R750 p.m. – R2 000 p.m.