Arts Town Riebeek Kasteel presents the fifth edition of Solo Studios, a weekend of art experiences, activities and entertainment.
Solo Studios was successfully launched in 2016 as an intimate art walk to individual artists studios around twin towns Riebeek Kasteel and Riebeek West. Visitors can experience firsthand where the artists created their work, how they worked and could chat with the artist in a personal setting.
The abundance of artists, musicians and performers in Riebeek Valley is well documented and Solo Studios highlights the best of these. Since its initial launch, Solo Studios has taken art even further into wine, theatre, food and music.
There are also a number of fringe activities such as Guided art walks, group exhibitions, Avant-Garde theatre, wine tastings by award-winning winemakers, chefs tables, and more.
The core of Solo Studios is a select group of the many acclaimed and mostly reclusive Riebeek Valley resident artists opening their studios for a limited number of art lovers, investors and collectors.
In addition, 9 galleries host various themed or group exhibitions, demonstrations, talks and other interesting activities, and a variety of peripheral activities are on offer to entertain art lovers throughout the weekend, including:
– The Business of Art – guided walkabouts of the studios
– Solo Kitchens – An invitation into the homes of some of the best chefs and hosts in the valley for an intimate hospitality experience.
– The Art of Wine – a series of talks, tastings and celebrations by some of the leading Swartland vintners and viticulturists
– Solo Sessions – Live musical performances by various solo artists and collaborations, adding some good vibes to the streets and to partner restaurants around the valley
– The Olive Branch Project – Exhibiting a community performing arts development programme through an experience of creative processes behind a unique production of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
– The Steelband Project – Providing quality music education to young people in the Western Cape, with a particular focus on ‘youth-at-risk’.
Solo Studios is well-positioned to deal with social distancing measures due to the limited access, and the event is restricted to 500 visitors over a three-day period, 11-13 December 2020.
Accommodation can be book at various booking platforms.
Venue: Riebeek Kasteel and Riebeek Wes
Time: Friday & Saturday 8am to 5pm | Sunday 8am to 4pm
Cost: Friday preview pass or Saturday pass – R195; Sunday pass – R150 | Weekend Pass R295 | Premier Weekend Pass R395