The V&A Waterfront invites all kids between the ages of 4 to 14 years to take part in their market, providing a safe and supportive space to practice being entrepreneurs.
Kids are encouraged to explore any aspect of creativity that they enjoy from creating art, craft, baking and just about anything they can think of that can be sold at a market. All products have to be their own. Prizes for the young entrepreneur that makes the most profit are up for grabs.
To enter, kids must submit a 1-minute long video about themselves, what they’re selling and why they should be part of the V&A Waterfront’s Kids Market. Videos should be sent via WhatsApp to the V&A number on 082 975 2940 before 30 November 2020.
The Market takes place on selected Saturdays from 10am to 2pm. Market dates are 12 December 2020, 19 December 2020, 9 January 2021 and 16 January 2021.
– The young entrepreneur must be the maker of this product
– Only kids between 4 – 14 years old may apply
– Shortlisted kids are sent an application link to complete
– Once applications have been submitted it is reviewed by a committee and each week a different group of entrepreneurs has the opportunity to participate on only one of the Market dates.
– The V&A Waterfront provides one table and a table cloth
– The young entrepreneur is responsible to dress their own stand and create their own signage