Spier Estate’s restaurant, Eight, is hosting a 5-course Valentine’s special dinner for couples who want to spend a luxurious and romantic evening out – but not at the expense of the environment.
Their Valentine’s Day dinner is made from natural and organic ingredients from Spier and nearby farms and is served with a complimentary wine pairing.
Eight’s décor embodies the restaurant’s sustainable ethos, with lights made by local artist, Heath Nash – 10 000 individually crafted flowers made from recycled white plastic milk bottles and lit with low voltage LEDs lines the ceiling, creating an atmosphere perfect for the romance of Valentine’s Day.
- Amuse-Bouche: Saldanha bay oysters with lime aioli, bloody marry jelly and crispy nori
- Starter: Pan-seared yellowtail with samphire, oyster mushroom, white wine foam, asparagus and crispy capers
- Palet Cleanser: Mixed-berry sorbet
- Main Course: Farmer Angus beef fillet with farmer Neil’s carrots, pomme anna, mélange of courgette and bone marrow butter
- Dessert: Selection of chocolate treats – milk chocolate mousse, dark chocolate truffles, chocolate s’mores and strawberries.
The dinner is available throughout the whole month of love.
Location: Eight Restaurant, Spier Wine Estate, Annandale Road, Stellenbosch
Time: Feb, 6.30pm
Cost: R390 pp