Michael Poliza is giving this year’s keynote speech at Wild Shots.
Renowned German entrepreneur and wildlife photographer, Poliza has achieved many notable accolades in photography, namely: International Photography Awards USA, 2008; Deutscher Fotobuchpreis, 2008; Preis der internationaler Kalenderschau, 2008; Ernennung zum Botschafter des WWF, 2009; Nature´s Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Award, 2011.
Now in it’s 8th year, Wild Shots is Africa’s foremost gathering of wildlife photographers. This one day conference features a packed showcase of top nature photographers presenting their very latest work, and telling tales from the field. The day is open to everybody, including professional and amateur photographers as well as nature enthusiasts. It is a day of inspiration, story-telling and imagery.
This year’s programme includes:
- Eyes over Africa – how my life changed through photography Michael Poliza (Germany)
- Getting to know your subject – intimate experiences with great white sharks Chris Fallows
- Avoid the Traps – five mistakes even the pros make! Villiers Steyn
- Into Extremes – shooting adventure in the wilderness Jacques Marais
- From Blurry to Fine Focus – my journey to becoming a pro photo guide Aubrey Tseleng (Botswana)
- Who Dares Wins: risk taking and rewards in wildlife photography – Janine Krayer (Germany)
- Capturing the Kings of Kafue – my Zambian story Isaac Kalio (Zambia)
- Done with mirrors – the pros and cons of going mirrorless Garreth Fisher
- Moving Pictures – Photos and Film from Wild Shots Outreach Mike Kendrick
- Living in the Anthropocene – documenting humanity’s greatest challenge Ian Michler
- Aerial Art: A Journey of Discovery Jan and Jay Roode
After the presentation finished a wine reception is held at Bouchard Finlayson from 5pm to 6pm.
Venue: NedBank/BOE Auditorium, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town
Time: 9am to 6pm
Cost: R950 | Early bird (Registration before 30 September) R750 | Student and Pensioner Discount R750
CAPE TOWN CITY BOWL CODE: